Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thursday

The next morning I woke up bright n early around 8 and jumped out of my bed right away and jumped in my car to roll to the beach for a morning surf. It was a little better of an outing; all it takes is my muscles getting reacquainted with the movements. I was out there a little longer than the day before. After I showered off all the sand and made way back to the car a guy walkin down to catch a few waves himself asked how it all was and commented on the size of my you knows for surfing without a wetsuit. “I just got that thick Minnesotan skin” I replied and he began to explain to me how that is pretty bad ass and there was no way he could live up in the Minnesota cold. I told him it wasn’t that bad. He said whatever.

I drove up to Main Street to grab some breakfast, but before went to grab a hot cocoa at Starbucks. At Starbucks there was a girl with her mother in front of me and as she turned around to grab her coffee I noticed a little Cy action on her shirt. So I got my drink and went over and asked if she went to Iowa State, she said yes and I whipped out my ISU ID and said “me too!” I introduced myself and they did too then we got to talking and I ended up not leaving til about an hour later after sitting with them for a little while. They too were on an adventure to explore California all the way from Davenport, Iowa.

I completely forgot about getting breakfast and went back to the hotel to get ready for the day and to pack up n check out. I then rolled out to Hollywood and spent some time walking around Rodeo Drive and the surrounding area. So many bitties. And not just on Rodeo, but everywhere. Its awesome. But yeah so Rodeo, its nice. When I was in the Lacoste store they were setting up a bar and there was a DJ in the corner setting up his turntables n laptop. As I was looking around a rad dude came over and introduced himself and told me I could grab a beer or whatever up at the bar if I wanted, that he was from GQ and they were setting up for a GQ party. I thanked him and he proceeded to tell me that I probably should ditch the Ralph Lauren polo I had on, for I was in enemy territory. We chatted it up for a little bit and found out he was a stylist from GQ so I asked for what he thought I should pick out and he showed me a few things with elaborate reasons for why it worked for me and I decided to pick up my favorite of the selection, a brown polo. (GOAL!) They threw in a $35 Lacoste hat so SCORE! I was told to drop by later for the GQ party, but I had to reluctantly turn them down, for I had other plans.

I left Rodeo, survived the LA rush hour, which personally is a little over-hyped. I made it to the Angels game (GOAL!) and picked a great day to show up, for it was 70s retro day which mean I scored a hat at the gate and got to experience some retro fun at the game. There are many things I don’t mind doing alone, which is good or else this trip would not have flown. But going to sporting events and eating dinner at restaurants are two things that make me wish I had someone along for the trip. However the game wasn’t that bad. I sat next to a milf alone with her 2 younger kids who I shared a few words with. To the other side was a guy who was also there alone, but was the kinda guy who goes to games alone so we weren’t gonna talk.

After the game I drove back to Huntington beach, parked my car on Huntington Beach, but didn’t feel like going to any of the bars cause it was already so late and I wasn’t in the mood so I rolled the window down to let In the music from the 2 guys sitting on the sidewalk playing guitar and singing along with the many people who stopped to request a song or two and join in on singing. I then cleaned up the inside of my car a little bit because as you can imagine living in my car with all my stuff and a surfboard it can get a little messy. By the time I got finished the bars had closed and people had cleared the streets to go in for the night so I rolled down the street to PCH and parked right up next to the beach, cracked the window a tad and crawled into the passenger seat to call it a night.

That is A LOT for right now, so I will write up probably later today about yesterday and today. I'm in Carlsbad right now and I'm goin surfin. Until then, keep it real.

No comments: