Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday

Today I woke up bright n early to the ocean and sunrise… so I pulled the covers over my head n went back to bed.

I woke up not too long later around 7:30ish and went out for my morning surf. The waves were great, however my left elbow began to really bug me again so I cut the session a little short. I ran to Starbucks for a pastry n strawberries n cream frap then rolled over to Target for some Tylenol.

I got back on the 101 n rolled back northbound. Jumped on the PCH and rolled along the coast. Made an attempt to stop in Laguna Beach to walk the streets n check out their beaches, but changed my mind and made my way through ending back in Newport Beach/Huntington Beach where it was PACKED. Silly me thinking there would room to move at the Newport Pier for a little surfing action, it was stop n go traffic looking for a parking spot. So I tried to get over to my surfing spot at the Newport Beach/Huntington Beach border, but parking was nowhere to be found. I decided to just see if the Hilton I had stayed at a few days ago had any room for me, which they did so I checked in and walked across the street to catch some waves. The surf was great! Head-high waves, perfect water, and some of the scenery lying along the beach helped too. It wasn’t one of my better surf sessions because it wasn’t really beginner’s surf, but it was still a blast to do whatever I could out there. I didn’t feel that bad because it seemed as though there was a lot of wiping out around me, so I didn’t stick out.

I put my board back in the room, showered up and traveled down to Main Street. There I grabbed a Jamba and went down to TK Burger for a delish cheeseburger. I walked around the crowded Main Street and tried to look for a church to hit up. While I am used to later masses, most of their late Sunday masses begin at 5 so I caught the crowd as they were leaving. I rolled back to the hotel, sat around the room for a few and threw on the suit to hit up the hot tub n pool to watch the sunset. I then went back out to Main Street where I visited Fred’s again for some tacos and a margarita, strolled the streets and called it a night to come back n watch a lil HBO n relax.

No comments: