Monday, May 19, 2008

Saturday

I slept in the next morning, not getting in my early morning surf and packed my stuff up to check out. After checking out I went to a café down the street for a bagel and smoothie for breakfast, grabbed my board and went out to catch a few waves. The surf was MUCH better compared to the evening before. After eating it and bumping up my elbow I decided to roll out and make camp in one of the parking spaces by the shopping district in hopes of finding a wi-fi signal, which I was fortunate enough to bum off someone so I went ahead and updated the blog for a good long while. I then hit up a little Mexican food shack along the road for some tacos and it was off.

I then rolled down the coast to check and see if the campground at San Elijo Beach, where I wanted to spend my night at had any walk ups available. I was dumb for thinking I coulda sniped one of those spots for a Saturday. The place was PACKED, so my plans for the day were in jeopardy. But never fear, I had been going off no planning whatsoever all trip so I was used to it.

I ended up a few miles down the coast at Solana Beach at Fletcher Cove for some amazing surfing! I spent a while in the water here, all the way until sunset. At sunset I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures. People were driving up to the beach by the masses just to catch the sunset, it was a beautiful sunset with the waves crashing on the cliffs to either side of us. It was great.

I then rolled over to the Tidewater Tavern for a little dinner action while checking out the San Diego – Seattle game. They had a great teriyaki chicken sandwich. I didn’t know what I wanted to do with the rest of my Saturday night so I rolled down the road a little ways just barely into San Diego. On the way there along the 101 there was a sick overlook of the ocean so I pulled in there for a lil while to just chill n take it all in. Then I rolled around the outskirts of San Diego when I figured it was time to roll back north toward Encinitas, where I decided to crash alongside the 101 right off the beach.

I’m kinda bummed because right now I am not quite sure if I’ll be able to spend an actual night with my inflatable mattress on the actual sand of a beach, but my two nights in my car alongside the beach have been just as nice, maybe nicer considering I’m much safer in the car than in a tent. Sleeping in the E with a surfboard has gone much smoother than I had imagined it would. I do have the roof straps, but no way Jose am I sleeping with that shit on my roof.

No comments: